Here we go!
Canes Domain presents Eastern Conference Rankings 5.0…
1: Prince Albert Raiders
Prince Albert 104 pts. UP 1 (3-3)
– Up and down recently, put together a better string with wins against Lethbridge and Red Deer in the last week.
2: Lethbridge Hurricanes
Lethbridge 94 pts. UP 3 (5-1)
– Biggest mover with PG this edition. Only loss was to PA Raiders in the last 2 weeks, beat Calgary, Red Deer and Brandon.
3: RED DEER REBELS
Red Deer 85 pts. DOWN 2 (3-3)
– Back to back losses against Lethbridge and PA have the team reeling just a little bit. 3rd time they have lost 2 straight this season, have yet to lose 3 in a row.
4: BRANDON WHEAT KINGS
Brandon 82 pts. DOWN 1 (3-1-1)
– Is this team toying with everyone until after Christmas? Stretches of dominance followed by surprising loses. Right in the mix for top spot, but are playing better on the road than at home.
5: Calgary Hitmen
Calgary 72 pts. DOWN 1 (4-1-1)
– would be higher ranked but everyone is playing well around them. Points in 10 of the last 11 games, has them in a tie for 1st in the East Division following a TERRIBLE start.
6: MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
Moose Jaw 61 pts. EVEN (4-1-1)
– went 2-2-1 through the US Division despite missing Point for all 5 games. Won their 2 home games over the past weekend.
7: REGINA PATS
Regina 55 pts. EVEN (4-2-1)
– Finished up their 9 game road trip a respectable 4-3-2-0
8: EDMONTON OIL KINGS
Edmonton 41 pts. UP 1 (4-0)
-the only team to not lose over the period, seems no one has noticed the 4 game win streak (now 5 at time of writing)
9: SASKATOON BLADES
Saskatoon 35 pts. DOWN 1 (1-6)
– traded goaltender Nik Amundrud to Calgary, proceed to lose 3 straight. Team appears to be sinking quickly.
10: MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
Medicine Hat 25 pts. EVEN (1-5)
– Returned from BC with just 1 win which came against the Blazers. Shut out to the lowly Giants. Trades are just not panning out, goaltending situation is still not resolved.
11: SWIFT CURRENT BRONCOS
Swift Current 19 pts. EVEN (0-3-2)
– just 2 points out of a possible 22 over the last 11 games, no wins. Are the Broncos the first team to put up the for sale sign for the coming trade deadline?
12: KOOTENAY ICE
Kootenay 11 pts. EVEN (0-7)
– Injuries are piling up, trading future draft picks to fill roster spots. Appears this team is folding up the tent for next season already.
DIGITAL JERSEY COLLECTION
Those of you who regularly visit the site for our game day and post game articles will probably recognize these digital jersey renders I’ve been working on. It was a project I started this spring when the website first launched. The goal is to eventually create every single primary home and away jersey in the WHL. While they are kind of a novelty, they are a nice graphical resource to have and I think they spice up the game day articles.
(Note: click on the image for glorious 4K resolution)
Each one is made from “scratch” between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. It’s a time intensive process, with each team taking around on hour depending on the complexity of their jersey and shoulder patches. Since most WHL teams don’t make their vector graphics readily available, I often end up remaking logos from scratch. I recently had some time to add four more teams to the growing collection and I thought I would share.
Let me know which team has, what you believe, to be the best jersey so far. I will be finishing the East before moving on to the teams in the West.
Look for the Western Conference rankings to drop sometime tomorrow morning.
Thanks again for reading.
Find us on Twitter! @canesdomain